About this project
- The project covers a site area of approximately 140 acres.
- The development has a lifespan of 40-years and the infrastructure would be decommissioned and the land fully restored at the end of the operational period.
- New tree and hedgerow planting is proposed to mitigate the visual impacts and provide long-term landscape enhancements.
- The proposals provide ecological enhancements and significant on-site biodiversity net gain which supports the government’s objective to halt the rapid decline in species.
- A Community Benefit Fund and Investment Scheme is proposed.
Why this site?
- The site is outside of environmentally sensitive areas and is not subject to any statutory landscape, ecological, or heritage designations.
- The site benefits from significant screening provided by the local topography and existing vegetation.
- There are no residential properties nearby that would be subject to adverse amenity impacts, including noise.
- A safe and suitable access can be provided throughout all stages of the development.
- A viable Grid Connection Offer has been accepted from the Distribution Network Operator, Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), to connect into the Cowley substation.
The plans below are indicative only and subject to change in response to community feedback and the results of our preparatory survey work.
Site Location Plan
Proposed Layout Plan
Indicative project timeline
2021-2023Grid offer and community engagement
2023-2024Planning application submission
2026-2066Operational lifespan of the project
The project is at the planning decision stage of the development process. Public Comments on the application can be submitted via the South Oxfordshire District Council website under planning application reference P23/S4132/FUL.
We welcome your feedback throughout all stages of the project and will happily respond to any queries you may have. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01726 218 618.