- Size:12.1 MW across 45.5 acres
- Location:Devon, United Kingdom
- Energisation:April 2022
- Design engineering and project optimisation to achieve maximum output.
- Full-wrap engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) delivery to a tight timescale.
- Continued operations & maintenance of the project ensuring maximum availability and highest operational performance.
- 23,000 solar panels
- 45 inverters
- 3 transformers
Bullous Park is a 12.1MW solar park in Devon, UK, originally owned by Hive Ethical UK Solar (HEUKS) and sold to Fuse Energy in July 2023.
HEUKS acquired Bullous Park in a strategic move to align resources and expertise, ensuring the ongoing growth and development of the projects. As the end-to-end solutions provider, Ethical Power redesigned, optimised and built the solar farm. The project is now looked after by Ethical Power’s operations and maintenance team to ensure maximum availability and highest operational performance.
The topography of the site presented some challenges with a stream running through the middle of the land and the main area located on a hill. The design and development team considered these issues in their work while ensuring a maximum output could still be achieved from the project.
A significant biodiversity net gain was a key consideration for this project. On Bullous Park, the enhancements that were implemented included:
- Retaining all woodland surrounding the site for wildlife.
- Ensuring all stock-proof fences have hedgehog holes installed. This allows hedgehogs to move across the site and the surrounding countryside. It also supports their natural foraging patterns.
- Reinstating and extending existing hedgerows with native shrub species, creating additional high-quality habitat for wildlife.
- Planting a wildflower meadow mix on 3.5 hectares of the land surrounding the site to provide food for pollinators.
- Installing bat and bird boxes on trees around the site.
The continues to be used for sheep grazing, alongside the solar array.
On completion, the project was acquired, along with another HEUKS project (Netley North) by a revolutionary energy supplier Fuse Energy. Fuse Energy reinvest 100% of their profits into renewable projects around the world. This acquisition was part of the company’s aim to build a pipeline of 2GW of solar by 2025.
* The 12.1 MW Bullous Park solar farm was energised in April 2022 under the name of Two Post Cross and, in 2023, was renamed to Bullous Park in tribute to our beloved late colleague, Emma Bullous.
We are very pleased to announce the acquisition of two solar farms from Ethical Power. This acquisition is the first of many as we embark on our expansion across the UK and internationally.Charles OrrFuse Energy
We are very pleased to announce the acquisition of two solar farms from Ethical Power. This acquisition is the first of many as we embark on our expansion across the UK and internationally.Charles Orr – 1Fuse Energy